Ford Australia has confirmed prices and specs for the long-awaited F-150. With four variants in the range, consisting of both SWB and LWB for the XLT and Lariat, you’ll need at least $106,950 (plus on-roads) to get your hands on one. Those seeking the utmost in luxury will be looking at just over $140,000. Still backed by Ford’s nationwide dealer network and five-year unlimited kilometre warranty, we can expect to see the F-150 in Australian showrooms later this year.
“The F-150 is perfect for those who want to explore our amazing country in luxury and comfort. The addition of this icon to our local showrooms alongside the incredibly popular Ranger means Australian customers now have two uncompromising utes to choose from. Thanks to its 4.5 tonne towing ability, the F-150 ensures Aussies can go anywhere, with almost anything, at any time”Andrew Birkic, President and CEO, Ford Australia
The reintroduction of the F-Series comes after significant demand from Aussies and as an iconic full-size American pick-up, it’s joining our showrooms thanks to a local right-hand re-engineering program with RMA Automotive.
Both the Ford F-150 XLT and Lariat are powered by a 3.5L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6 petrol engine paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Configuration is 4×4 Crew Cab and both variants can be purchased as either an SWB (3683mm) or LWB (3987mm). With 298kW and 678Nm across the range, towing is an impressive 4.5 tonne.
If you choose the standard Oxford White as your colour, there is no additional cost. However, if you want your effie to be either Agate Black, Iconic Silver, Antimatter Blue, Carbonized Grey or Rapid Red, you’ll need to fork out some extra dough.
Let’s check out some of the features, shall we?
Ford F-150 XLT
The XLT is the more affordable option, starting at $106,950 for the SWB and $107,945 for the LWB. It’s for those who want capability from their pick-up with a no-nonsense ruggedness. Expect 10-inch six-spoke machined-aluminium wheels, chrome bumpers both front and back, a tailgate with a flexible step and work surface, a Tough Bed spray-in bed liner and black platform running boards.
The complete list of features on the Ford F-150 XLT includes:
- Two-bar style grille with chrome surround and black accents
- 20-inch six-spoke machined-faced alloy wheels
- Chrome front and rear bumpers
- Black platform running boards
- Tailgate with flexible step and work surface
- Tough Bed spray-in bedliner
- Boxlink cargo management locking cleats
- Underbody skid plates
- 12-way power (including lumbar) driver cloth seat
- 10-way power (including lumbar) front passenger cloth seat
- Column-mounted gear shifter
- SYNC 44 with an eight-inch centre touchscreen
- Satellite Navigation system
- Seven-speaker sound system
- Eight-inch multiview digital instrument cluster
- FordPass Connect
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Power adjustable foot pedals
- Foldout office workspace
- Six airbags
- Rearview camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Ford Pro-Trailer Back-Up Assist
- Cruise control
- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking (AEB)
- BLIS with cross-traffic alert and trailer tow coverage
- Lane-keeping aid and driver alert system
Ford F-150 Lariat
As Australia’s flagship F-150, the Lariat boasts advanced levels of luxury with additional features over and above the XLT. Expect a powered twin-panel moonroof, a premium mesh insert grille with a chrome surround, a chrome appearance package, and LED headlights, foglights and taillamps.
Prices for the Lariat start at $139,950 for the SWB and $140,945 for the LWB.
The complete list of features on the Ford F-150 Lariat includes the XLT features listed above, as well as these additional features:
- Premium mesh insert grille with chrome surround
- Chrome appearance package, including mirror scalps, door handles, belt moldings, tow hooks and running boards
- Powered twin-panel moonroof
- LED headlights, fog lights and taillamps
- Power release and close tailgate
- Power sliding rear window
- Leather-accented seats
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Heated rear seats (excluding middle seat)
- 12-way power (including lumbar) driver seat with memory settings
- 12-way power (including lumbar) front passenger seat
- Floor console-mounted shifter
- 12-inch centre touchscreen
- 12-inch digital instrument cluster
- B&O unleashed sound system by Bang & Olufsen with 18 speakers
- Power adjustable foot pedals with memory settings
- Front parking sensors
- 360-degree camera
- Intelligent adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go
- Lane centering
- Speed sign recognition
- Evasive steering assist
- Intersection assist
- Wireless phone charging
So, when can I get one?
The Ford F-150 is now available for order, with deliveries kicking off in Q3 of 2023.