Grab your mates and gear up for a weekend on the world’s largest sand island, teach the kids how to fish, and best of all, test out the tracks with your 4WD. An action-packed adventure awaits.
Situated on the eastern coast of Fraser Island, Eurong Beach Resort provides easy access to the island’s World Heritage listed sights and landscapes.
As your base to breathtaking Fraser and beyond, Eurong is designed to suit every budget and is set to cater to families and groups, big or small.
FRASER ISLAND FLASH SALE!!
Your great outdoor getaway is available for a LIMITED TIME ONLY, so get in quick:
- Hotel rooms from $79 per night
- Apartments from $139 per night
*Conditions apply. Subject to availability. Minimum two night stay for hotel rooms and minimum three nights stay for apartments. Must be prepaid in full at time of booking, non-refundable, no changes or amendments; cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. On sale from 18-23 January 2018, for travel from 28 January to 30 June 2018 (excluding 30 March – 1 April 2018).
With self-contained resort rooms and spacious two-bedroom apartments available, you can tailor accommodation to suit your needs. There’s even balconies and outdoor decks to kick back, have a drink and watch the world go by.
Eurong Beach Resort provides fun for the whole family, and kids will love playing in the resort swimming pools, having a hit of tennis in the sunshine, and sharing stories of the sea.
Not only is it your island home away from home, but it’s the hub for all your activities, day trips and fishing expeditions.
Let the tyres down, head off the beaten track, and go bush! Unearth some of the untouched spots, with over 1,200 kilometres of sand tracks ready and waiting for you explore.
Top tips for hitting the tracks:
- Time it with the tides – a little planning is involved when touring around Fraser Island. Having your own vehicle does allow spontaneity, however you are still at the mercy of the elements. Check the tide chart, and keep strong winds in mind as well.
- Clearance is key – having the correct clearance for your vehicle takes the stress off the drive, and allows you to choose the best line and navigate the inland tracks without the fear of getting ‘grounded’. Leave the Nissan x-trail at home.
- Don’t toy with traction – you need to be flexible with the PSI you run in your tyres, especially with the ever-changing sandscape on Fraser Island. Adjust the pressure to what allows you to traverse the terrain with the minimum loss off traction.
We guarantee some top-notch views as you tour the terrain, passing through satinay, brush box and eucalypt forests en route to some of Fraser Island’s 100 freshwater lakes. McKenzie and Birrabeen are the true blue beauties you can’t miss. The emerald green water of Lake Wabby is another Fraser favourite. As the island’s deepest lake at just over 12 metres, it’s the swimming hole you’ll be searching for this summer.
Make the most of the warm weather, and experience the endless adventures on offer. For an epic day out on the island, we’ve got the top coastal spots you have to check off your list:
- Rise and shine and cast a line along the shore for the catch of the day. It’s time to reel in some whiting! You can take in the spectacular sunrise while you’re at it.
- Cruise along the 75-mile beach highway towards the historic Maheno Shipwreck. Washed ashore by a cyclone in 1935, the rustic remains are settled in the sand, with over 3 storeys buried below.
- Marvel at the red, yellow and orange coloured sands of the Pinnacles. What appears as beachside cliffs, you’ll be in awe of their remarkable formation.
- Navigate north to the Indian Head lookout, for panoramic views of turquoise ocean and surrounding sand blows, and even take a dip in the nearby bubbling Champagne Pools.
- On the home stretch, stop in and cool off in Eli Creek. Park up on the sand, chill out in the crystal clear water, and just go with the flow, as the current gently floats you along the twists and bends.
After a day out on the island, you can stock up with some tasty treats at the Eurong bakery, relax and unwind with an ice-cold beverage at the Beach bar, and re-fuel after your sea-side sightseeing, with a delicious buffet or a la carte meal at McKenzie’s restaurant. You’ll be spoilt for choice!
Set your sights on Fraser Island, start planning your next 4WD adventure, and secure the best deal with our FLASH SALE rates!
Click here to take advantage of the offer.
For any further information, contact the resort via the details below:
1800 678 623