We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I’m making Jaffles!
This Sweet Apple and Cinnamon Jaffles dish is as simple as it is decadent and delicious! You can use a jaffle iron over the coals or do as we did and hook an electric jaffle iron up to the Redarc inverter. The latter is very handy if there are fire restrictions.
- 400g canned sliced apples
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 2 tbsp maple-flavoured syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 large slices white bread
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- Ice-cream or custard – optional
- 300ml tub thickened cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- To make the sauce, combine cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Stirring occasionally, gently boil for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove, and cover to keep warm.
- Combine apples, sultanas, syrup and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Turn half the bread slices over, butter-side down. Top with apple mixture, spreading to edges. Place remaining slices, butter-side up, over apples.
- Place sandwiches in heated jaffle maker. Close lid. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cut in half diagonally.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar. Top with ice-cream or custard.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top.